Send us a suggestion!

Adidas Hydro Lace

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by Wes1, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Wes1

Wes1

Anybody been using these? Are they a good shoe? Are they as sticky as the Canyoneer 2? I read they run a full size large. I wear a 11.5 in Salewas, think I will be fine in a 11 in the Hydro Lace? [​IMG]
  2. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

Earlier, I typed a long winded review but my desktop browser refreshed the page and I lost it all. Here's the summary.

After 12 canyons raging from Glen Canyon to Zion,

Pros:

1. Comfortable
    2. Seems it will hold up better than C3
    3. Lace keeper (didn't think it would be a big deal, but I love it
    4. Cost less than C3
    5. Tighter around the ankle so as not to act as a sand funnel like the C3

Cons:
    1. Runs large (easy to just order a smaller size)
    2. Soles are slick when sandy.
    3. Harder to find (that's what the Internet is for)

Drainage is way over rated. Once your feet are wet, they're wet. A good fitting shoe shouldn't have places for water to sit anyway.
    Drainage features usually just let sand in.
  3. Wes1

Wes1

Thanks Taylor
  4. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

I wish i had realized earlier that adidas was DC'ing this shoe. They are my new favorites but are all sold out everywhere, never to be restocked.:thumbsdown:
  5. Nordschleife

Nordschleife

The new hydro pro is pretty much the same only they replaced the laces with speedlaces and added the lacecover.
  6. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

Also discontinued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Andrew Humphreys

Andrew Humphreys

I'm testing the 2017 versions right now, so I'd say these shoes are not discontinued. They're just being upgraded.
  8. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

Good news!

For now though, adidas is not selling them. We knew almost 2 years ago that they were "exiting" the market.

I hope that the new iterations are sold stateside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Terry LeBlanc

Terry LeBlanc

What's the status on the 2017 Hydro Lace? I see them listed in Europe, but nothing domestic. I reached out to customer service, and was advised that currently only rentals were available from an outfitter here, assume in Utah. That seems strange...not everybody wants to rent, including me...I prefer to fit my shoes to my feet by breaking them in.
  10. Andrew Humphreys

Andrew Humphreys

I'm a dealer and I'm about to put in my 2017 order. If you would like me to order you a pair, shoot me an email at andrew@canyoningcolorado.com

Andrew Humphreys
    Owner / Operator
    Canyoning Colorado
  11. Terry LeBlanc

Terry LeBlanc

Thanks, Andrew. Looking forward to a return trip to Zion this fall. How do these shoes size? I wear a 7.5 in Merrells, which are sized to fit, with appropriate socks. Sounds like these run large, to be paired with thick socks or neos. I would normally order a half size larger for hiking shoes or boots that aren't Merrells, sounds like that's not a good idea with these.
  12. hobo_climber

hobo_climber

Just got my pair of the 2017 Hydro Lace and they definitely run large. Normally wear a euro 38 in 5:10 ordered the 5.5 (38 2/3) in the Hydro Lace and I'm gunna have to invest in some thicker neo socks to go with.

Should've got the size down...

Awesome shoe though! super burly construction and so much easier to get into than the canyoneers ever were. Very impressed so far!