Send us a suggestion!

ACA Book Placement

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by agape84015, Mar 15, 2002.

1. agape84015

agape84015 Guest

Fellow Canyoneers,

It is time once again to distribute the latest edition of the ACA's safety, skill, and ethic promoting handbook.

This year the ACA hopes to distribute the handbook quickly and effectively. To succesfully acheive this goal we wish to solict the help of all members to tell us where these handbooks will be best distibuted from.

Hank knows the best stores in Ogden,Utah, Tom will know the best places in SLC. Denver to Sacramento and Idaho to Mexico, the ACA hopes to put these handbooks in retail stores, resteruants, Inn's and back country offices that will be frequented by canyoneers and would be's alike.

Please share any info you have from just a name and a city to a complete mailing address of public locations that canyoneers will frequent.

please send response to acahandbook(at)hotmail(dot)com or reply to this post.

Thank you for your help.

Aaron Smith Clearfield Ut sasefs@hotmail.com
  2. Bo Beck

Bo Beck Guest

Outdoor Outlet 1062 East Tabernacle St. George, Utah 84770 1-800-726-8106

Bo

----- Original Message ----- From: agape84015 sasefs@hotmail.com> To: <Yahoo Canyons Group> Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 3:01 PM Subject: [from Canyons Group] ACA Book Placement

> Fellow Canyoneers,
    It is time once again to distribute the latest edition of the ACA's > safety, skill, and ethic promoting handbook.
    This year the ACA hopes to distribute the handbook quickly and > effectively. To succesfully acheive this goal we wish to solict the > help of all members to tell us where these handbooks will be best > distibuted from.
    Hank knows the best stores in Ogden,Utah, Tom will know the best > places in SLC. Denver to Sacramento and Idaho to Mexico, the ACA > hopes to put these handbooks in retail stores, resteruants, Inn's and > back country offices that will be frequented by canyoneers and would > be's alike.
    Please share any info you have from just a name and a city to a > complete mailing address of public locations that canyoneers will > frequent.
    please send response to acahandbook(at)hotmail(dot)com or reply to > this post.
    Thank you for your help.
    Aaron Smith > Clearfield Ut > sasefs@hotmail.com http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/
    > This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the "Edit My > Membership" link, and change your delivery option. Press "Save > Changes".
    DAILY DIGEST OPTION will deliver one email > to you each day summarizing that day's messages.
    WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you > must visit the web site to view messages.

Your use of Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

>
  3. llana kanka

llana kanka Guest

In 4-Corners: Matt probably knows the Moab area best. South of him I can take care of it in the Parks & places like Fry, Grand Gulch, & the local visitors centers & BLM offices. Probably about 10-15 different places.

Sports - live college hoops coverage

4. Bristlecone Moutain Sports, Basalt Co Greg

--- In canyons@y..., "agape84015" <sasefs@h...> wrote: > Fellow Canyoneers,
    It is time once again to distribute the latest edition of the ACA's > safety, skill, and ethic promoting handbook.
    This year the ACA hopes to distribute the handbook quickly and > effectively. To succesfully acheive this goal we wish to solict the > help of all members to tell us where these handbooks will be best > distibuted from.
    Hank knows the best stores in Ogden,Utah, Tom will know the best > places in SLC. Denver to Sacramento and Idaho to Mexico, the ACA > hopes to put these handbooks in retail stores, resteruants, Inn's and > back country offices that will be frequented by canyoneers and would > be's alike.
    Please share any info you have from just a name and a city to a > complete mailing address of public locations that canyoneers will > frequent.
    Thank you for your help.
    Aaron Smith > Clearfield Ut > sasefs@h...
  5. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Guest

Matt, Dave and others,

Your locations would be great to have. This time around the ACA hopes to send the handbooks directly to each location with a cover letter and a request if they need more. This will help the ACA track where these books will have the most benifit. Please email names of locations to me and I will continue to collect them on spreadsheet format.

Thank you everyone for your response

Aaron

----Original Message Follows---- From: llana kanka icegydbuk@yahoo.com> Reply-To: Yahoo Canyons Group To: Yahoo Canyons Group Subject: Re: [from Canyons Group] ACA Book Placement Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:14:41 -0800 (PST)

In 4-Corners: Matt probably knows the Moab area best. South of him I can take care of it in the Parks & places like Fry, Grand Gulch, & the local visitors centers & BLM offices. Probably about 10-15 different places.

Sports - live college hoops coverage

_______________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com
  6. I can probably get 'em into the outdoor stores in the Boulder/Denver area. I'll draft Mike and Mark to help.

Charly -----Original Message----- From: agape84015 [mailto:sasefs@hotmail.com] Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 3:01 PM To: Yahoo Canyons Group Subject: [from Canyons Group] ACA Book Placement

Fellow Canyoneers,

It is time once again to distribute the latest edition of the ACA's safety, skill, and ethic promoting handbook.

This year the ACA hopes to distribute the handbook quickly and effectively. To succesfully acheive this goal we wish to solict the help of all members to tell us where these handbooks will be best distibuted from.

Hank knows the best stores in Ogden,Utah, Tom will know the best places in SLC. Denver to Sacramento and Idaho to Mexico, the ACA hopes to put these handbooks in retail stores, resteruants, Inn's and back country offices that will be frequented by canyoneers and would be's alike.

Please share any info you have from just a name and a city to a complete mailing address of public locations that canyoneers will frequent.

Thank you for your help.

Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

To change your options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/

This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the "Edit My Membership" link, and change your delivery option. Press "Save Changes".

DAILY DIGEST OPTION will deliver one email to you each day summarizing that day's messages.

WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you must visit the web site to view messages.

Your use of Groups is subject to the Terms of Service.
  7. Dick Shear

Dick Shear Guest

I suggest that in Southern Nevada you consider: Red Rocks BLM Site, Las Vegas Desert Rock Sports Store, Las Vegas Jackson Hole Guides, Las Vegas Skys the Limit Guides, Las Vegas Sports Chalet Store, Henderson Best regards, Dick Shear

----- Original Message ----- From: agape84015 To: Yahoo Canyons Group Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 2:01 PM Subject: [from Canyons Group] ACA Book Placement

Fellow Canyoneers,

Thank you for your help.

Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

To change your options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/

This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the "Edit My Membership" link, and change your delivery option. Press "Save Changes".

DAILY DIGEST OPTION will deliver one email to you each day summarizing that day's messages.

WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you must visit the web site to view messages.

Your use of Groups is subject to the Terms of Service.
  8. For Southern California I suggest...

REI in Northridge, San Dimas, Manhattan Beach and others Adventure 16 (aka A16) in Tarzana, W.Los Angeles, San Diego and others Sports Chalet in Oxnard, CA and others

--- In canyons@y..., "agape84015" <sasefs@h...> wrote: > Fellow Canyoneers,
    Thank you for your help.
    Aaron Smith > Clearfield Ut > sasefs@h...
  9. Kris Nosack

Kris Nosack Guest

Aaron,

Down here in Utah Valley (Provo, Orem, etc.), I'd recommend:

Hansen Mountaineering Inc 757 N. State Orem, UT 84057-3807 (I didn't see the ACA booklets here, but I'm sure they'd make it available for you. Feel free to mention that I am a customer of theirs and feel they should carry the ACA booklet.)

Mountainworks 32 S Freedom Blvd PROVO, UT 84601-4408 (I saw a stack of around 10 of the ACA booklets here. I'm sure they'll stock it again. I've bought stuff here too so you can mention that as above.)

Recreation Outlet 615 E State Rd AMERICAN FORK, UT 84003-2150 (I've bought some stuff here. These folks just unload cheap gear and aren't "climber types", but they still may stock the ACA booklet.)

BYU Outdoor Equipment Rental (can't find an address) 801-378-2708 (a lot of BYU students and people from Provo rent outdoor gear here. I would think they would stock the ACA booklet.)

Sportsman's Warehouse 1075 S University Ave PROVO, UT 84601 (General sporting goods store. They have a few other stores in Utah. www.sportsmanswarehouse.com)

This is all I can think of. Let me know if I can help out any otehr way.

- Kris Nosack
  10. ratagonia

ratagonia Guest

Please send this information to Aaron directly, rather than to the list. email is:

Aaron Smith" <sasefs (at) hotmail.com>

Tom

--- In canyons@y..., "Aaron Smith" <sasefs@h...> wrote: > Matt, Dave and others,
    Your locations would be great to have. This time around the ACA hopes to > send the handbooks directly to each location with a cover letter and a > request if they need more. This will help the ACA track where these books > will have the most benifit. Please email names of locations to me and I > will continue to collect them on spreadsheet format.
    Thank you everyone for your response
    Aaron
    ----Original Message Follows---- > From: llana kanka <icegydbuk@y...
    Reply-To: canyons@y... > To: canyons@y... > Subject: Re: [from Canyons Group] ACA Book Placement > Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:14:41 -0800 (PST)
    > In 4-Corners: Matt probably knows the Moab area best. South of him I can > take care of it in the Parks & places like Fry, Grand Gulch, & the local > visitors centers & BLM offices. Probably about 10-15 different places.

> > Sports - live college hoops coverage

_______________ > Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com