Send us a suggestion!

2012 Zion Narrows Opening Date Pool - the WINNERS ARE!!!

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by TomJones, May 26, 2012.

  1. TomJones

    TomJones Guest

    And the Winners are...

    Narrows opened April 30th.

    Our Winners are Randi Poer and Abby Snow.

    Congratulations. Please email me with what color of Leprechaun Pack you would like, and I'll get it out to you right away!!!

    Tom

    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "TomJones" <ratagonia@...> wrote:
    Narrows opened on April 30th. If it stays open another few days, we will have a weiner, or two!!
    Tom
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "TomJones" <ratagonia@> wrote:

    As of 4/18/2012, The Narrows has been closed for 7 days. Game on!

    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/uv?cb_00060=on&cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&begin_date=2012-04-10&end_date=2012-04-19&site_no=09405500

    > Tom

    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Shaun" <trackrunner83@> wrote:


    2012 Zion Narrows Opening Date Pool version 6.8


    Themesong: Maailma Tarvitsee Sankareita


    Well, it's that time of year, again. Earlier than last year, for sure! Not much
    > snow this year - so I think it is more of a crapshoot than EVER!


    So here's the rules:


    One date per person, two persons per date. Two Winners get Leprechaun packs,
    > your choice of color. (If there is only one person on that date, they get both
    > packs!)


    There is a version number at the top of the list. Copy this email in its
    > ENTIRETY, reply and paste over the carat-marked reply; and repost, adding a DATE
    > in DATE ORDER with your NAME. Increase the version number by one (ie, point 1,
    > actually).


    The new post with your name on it should look exactly like the old post, with
    > your name and date added. This could be really hard to do from a smartphone.


    Them be the rules. Breaking the rules might disqualify you, depending on my
    > mood. Be SURE you are copying the most recent version of this email. Probably
    > best to do it from the website. Rapidfire posting can create sequencing problems
    > - your patience is appreciated.


    The winning date: Once the Narrows officially closes for 7 days in a row, it is
    > on. Then, the "winning date" is the first official open date after that... but
    > the Narrows has to be open for 7 days afterwards for it to be "final". By
    > "open", I mean open from the bottom, open for canyons going into it, the new
    > 150cfs level of openness. (I am thinking it might be back and forth some, before
    > it really, finally opens for the summer.)


    Version 6.8


    None: guess that the river won't close for seven consecutive days
    > this year: Scott Patterson
    > None (no 7 consecutive days of closure): Shaun Vernon


    April 15: T.J. Cottam
    > April 15:
    > April 16:
    > April 16:
    > April 17:
    > April 17:
    > April 18:
    > April 18:
    > April 19:
    > April 19:
    > April 20:
    > April 20: Dave Pechner (de-lurk->guess->re-lurk)
    > April 21:
    > April 21:
    > April 22:
    > April 22:
    > April 23: Michael Henkin
    > April 23: Cody Rients
    > April 24: Rich Paret
    > April 24: Glen Hampton (yyak)
    > April 25: Rob Bay
    > April 25: Andre Gratto
    > April 26: Kevin Krause
    > April 26: Blake Merrel
    > April 27: Nick Wilkes
    > April 27: A.J. Pastula
    > April 28: Louis Johnson
    > April 28: Jennifer Sargent
    > April 29: Tom Jones
    > April 29: Neil Johnson
    > April 30: Randi Poer
    > April 30: Abby Snow


    May 1: Bill Aho
    > May 1: Erik Ryan
    > May 2: Garet Denise
    > May 2: Bernell Warner
    > May 3: Jeff Burnham
    > May 3: Eric Marchese
    > May 4: Brent Hawkins
    > May 4: Mike Cabourne
    > May 5: Joe Bollinger
    > May 5: Jennae Mae West
    > May 6: Wayne Burns
    > May 6: Steve Cottle
    > May 7: James Burr
    > May 7: Doug Murray
    > May 8: Shane Burrows
    > May 8: Ryan Adler (skiclimb3287@gmail)
    > May 9: Peyman
    > May 9: Dan Clearwater
    > May 10: Kuenn (wife's bday...gotta be a winner)
    > May 10: Dave Haynie
    > May 11: Mark Smith
    > May 11: Mike Jessop
    > May 12: Mike Offerman
    > May 12: Dustin Hymas
    > May 13: Felicia
    > May 13: Malia McIlvenna
    > May 14: Julie Burton
    > May 14: Dean el Evergreen
    > May 15: Kevin Swanson
    > May 15: Deeps
    > May 16: Ken Steinsapir
    > May 16:
    > May 17: Landon Michaels
    > May 17:
    > May 18: Mark Rosen
    > May 18:
    > May 19:
    > May 19:
    > May 20: Josh Nelson
    > May 20:


    None: I'm going to guess that the river won't close for seven consecutive days
    > this year: Scott Patterson & Shaun Vernon



    > Ready............................................... GO!
  2. Abby Snow

    Abby Snow Guest

    Woo hoo!

    Thank you, Tom!

    Green, please!

    -Abby

    On Sat, May 26, 2012, at 10:42 PM, TomJones wrote:

    And the Winners are... Narrows opened April 30th. Our Winners are Randi Poer and Abby Snow. Congratulations. Please email me with what color of Leprechaun Pack you would like, and I'll get it out to you right away!!! Tom --- In [1]Yahoo Canyons Group, "TomJones" <ratagonia@...> wrote:
    Narrows opened on April 30th. If it stays open another few days, we will have a weiner, or two!!
    Tom
    --- In [2]Yahoo Canyons Group, "TomJones" <ratagonia@> wrote:

    As of 4/18/2012, The Narrows has been closed for 7 days. Game on!

    [3]http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/uv?cb_00060=on&cb_00065=on&f ormat=gif_default&begin_date=2012-04-10&end_date=2012-04-19&site_ no=09405500

    Tom

    --- In [4]Yahoo Canyons Group, "Shaun" <trackrunner83@> wrote:


    2012 Zion Narrows Opening Date Pool version 6.8


    Themesong: Maailma Tarvitsee Sankareita


    Well, it's that time of year, again. Earlier than last year, for sure! Not much
    > snow this year - so I think it is more of a crapshoot than EVER!


    So here's the rules:


    One date per person, two persons per date. Two Winners get Leprechaun packs,
    > your choice of color. (If there is only one person on that date, they get both
    > packs!)


    There is a version number at the top of the list. Copy this email in its
    > ENTIRETY, reply and paste over the carat-marked reply; and repost, adding a DATE
    > in DATE ORDER with your NAME. Increase the version number by one (ie, point 1,
    > actually).


    The new post with your name on it should look exactly like the old post, with
    > your name and date added. This could be really hard to do from a smartphone.


    Them be the rules. Breaking the rules might disqualify you, depending on my
    > mood. Be SURE you are copying the most recent version of this email. Probably
    > best to do it from the website. Rapidfire posting can create sequencing problems
    > - your patience is appreciated.


    The winning date: Once the Narrows officially closes for 7 days in a row, it is
    > on. Then, the "winning date" is the first official open date after that... but
    > the Narrows has to be open for 7 days afterwards for it to be "final". By
    > "open", I mean open from the bottom, open for canyons going into it, the new
    > 150cfs level of openness. (I am thinking it might be back and forth some, before
    > it really, finally opens for the summer.)


    Version 6.8


    None: guess that the river won't close for seven consecutive days
    > this year: Scott Patterson
    > None (no 7 consecutive days of closure): Shaun Vernon


    April 15: T.J. Cottam
    > April 15:
    > April 16:
    > April 16:
    > April 17:
    > April 17:
    > April 18:
    > April 18:
    > April 19:
    > April 19:
    > April 20:
    > April 20: Dave Pechner (de-lurk->guess->re-lurk)
    > April 21:
    > April 21:
    > April 22:
    > April 22:
    > April 23: Michael Henkin
    > April 23: Cody Rients
    > April 24: Rich Paret
    > April 24: Glen Hampton (yyak)
    > April 25: Rob Bay
    > April 25: Andre Gratto
    > April 26: Kevin Krause
    > April 26: Blake Merrel
    > April 27: Nick Wilkes
    > April 27: A.J. Pastula
    > April 28: Louis Johnson
    > April 28: Jennifer Sargent
    > April 29: Tom Jones
    > April 29: Neil Johnson
    > April 30: Randi Poer
    > April 30: Abby Snow


    May 1: Bill Aho
    > May 1: Erik Ryan
    > May 2: Garet Denise
    > May 2: Bernell Warner
    > May 3: Jeff Burnham
    > May 3: Eric Marchese
    > May 4: Brent Hawkins
    > May 4: Mike Cabourne
    > May 5: Joe Bollinger
    > May 5: Jennae Mae West
    > May 6: Wayne Burns
    > May 6: Steve Cottle
    > May 7: James Burr
    > May 7: Doug Murray
    > May 8: Shane Burrows
    > May 8: Ryan Adler (skiclimb3287@gmail)
    > May 9: Peyman
    > May 9: Dan Clearwater
    > May 10: Kuenn (wife's bday...gotta be a winner)
    > May 10: Dave Haynie
    > May 11: Mark Smith
    > May 11: Mike Jessop
    > May 12: Mike Offerman
    > May 12: Dustin Hymas
    > May 13: Felicia
    > May 13: Malia McIlvenna
    > May 14: Julie Burton
    > May 14: Dean el Evergreen
    > May 15: Kevin Swanson
    > May 15: Deeps
    > May 16: Ken Steinsapir
    > May 16:
    > May 17: Landon Michaels
    > May 17:
    > May 18: Mark Rosen
    > May 18:
    > May 19:
    > May 19:
    > May 20: Josh Nelson
    > May 20:


    None: I'm going to guess that the river won't close for seven consecutive days
    > this year: Scott Patterson & Shaun Vernon



    > Ready............................................... GO!






    References

    1. mailto:canyons%40yahoogroups.com 2. mailto:canyons%40yahoogroups.com 3. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/uv?cb_00060=on&cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&begin_date=2012-04-10&end_date=2012-04-19&site_no=09405500 4. mailto:canyons%40yahoogroups.com 5. mailto:ratagonia@gmail.com?subject=Re%3A%202012%20Zion%20Narrows%20Opening%20Date%20Pool%20-%20the%20WINNERS%20ARE%21%21%21 6. mailto:Yahoo Canyons Group?subject=Re%3A%202012%20Zion%20Narrows%20Opening%20Date%20Pool%20-%20the%20WINNERS%20ARE%21%21%21 7. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxZDU4ZHF2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4OTg4MjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MDA1BG1zZ0lkAzY0ODA0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTMzODA3MjE5Nw--?act=reply&messageNum=64804 8. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZWxjcDBvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4OTg4MjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MDA1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMzODA3MjE5Nw-- 9. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/message/64013;_ylc=X3oDMTM2dnQzZTI5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4OTg4MjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MDA1BG1zZ0lkAzY0ODA0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMzODA3MjE5NwR0cGNJZAM2NDAxMw-- 10. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbWtuZnMyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4OTg4MjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MDA1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzMzgwNzIxOTc-?o=6 11. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbzI4M2JtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4OTg4MjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MDA1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTMzODA3MjE5Nw-- 12. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/ 13. http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkN2ZydWIxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4OTg4MjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MDA1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzM4MDcyMTk3 14. mailto:canyons-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional 15. mailto:canyons-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest 16. mailto:canyons-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe 17. http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ -- Abby Snow abby_snow@fastmail.fm
Similar Threads: 2012 Zion
Forum Title Date
Trip Reports Birch Hollow - Zion, UT 10-21-2012 Nov 8, 2013
Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group Zion National Park - Late Fall schedule 2012 Oct 31, 2012
Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group Zion: Imlay Sept 2nd and 3rd 2012 Sep 4, 2012
Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group Zion Wilderness Desk Hours Fall 2012 Aug 31, 2012
Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group Have permitts for Subway (Zion) for Sunday July 29,2012 Who wants to go Jul 15, 2012
Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group Boundary Canyon Zion, June 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012